Do you want to be an officer?
Click here to check out the benefits of being an officer, or click here to read the responsibilities of an AITP officer and download the application form to apply right away! It doesn’t cost any extra to become an officer and employers love seeing students with leadership experience on their resume!
Applications for officer positions for the fall of 2019 have closed, sorry!
April Chapter Meeting – April 2nd
April Chapter meeting! Come by and learn about Solutions Architect, Randy Sabbagh’s experiences and job at Charles Schwab! The meeting will be at our usual location, LBJ 3-9.1 from 5pm to 6pm. There will be a mandatory meeting for all members attending the USITCC Galveston competition afterwards in McCoy 334.
USITCC Galveston – April 4th thru 6th
This year’s USITCC event is in Galveston! Sadly, registration has ended and hotels have been reserved, if you didn’t submit your forms on time, consider competing later this year in the Fall semester! All members attending the competition must go to the mandatory meeting after April’s chapter event on April 2nd (see above).
Bobcat Build Day – April 13th
Community service opportunity! Come help your community by joining AITP for Bobcat Build! Contact our President: Bryan Baez or our Vice President: Grant Dorsey for more information or to sign up. Contact information can be found here.
Our March chapter meeting (03/05/19) will be a 2.5 hour long Google extravaganza! We have a ton of speakers from Google coming to talk about industry topics such as:
- Google’s culture, products, and future
- Applying at Google – Laura Alcala
- Resume building tips – Danielle Pinta
- What Google looks for in a new hire – Brian Novacek
- How to prepare for a technical interview – Holt Skinner
- Common Mistakes to avoid – Jarek Sedlacek
Finally, there will be a mock interview between our Vice President of IT, En Emerson and Google’s Brian Novacek, with a Q&A session afterwards and time for networking.
Due to our meeting time being much longer than usual, we have reserved 2 separate locations to showcase the whole event.
From 5 to 6pm we will be at our normal location at LBJ 3-9.1, after the first half of the meeting we will then take a short 15 minute break and transfer to McCoy 334 for the rest of the speakers from 6:15 to 7:30pm.
Join us for a social event next week on 02/28/19 at
THE SPOT in San Marcos!
There will be bowling, games, food, and fun!
Address: 1180 Thorpe Ln #130, San Marcos, TX 78666
Happy Valentine’s AITP!
The spring semester is in full swing, and with the first round of testing being out of the way, we thought it’d be a great idea to provide an update for what is yet to come for the month of February.
- February 14th (Valentine’s Day) – GITHUB WORKSHOP and QA session for USITCC events, hosted by Vice President of IT – En Emerson, in McCoy Lab 336 at 5pm. Bring your Valentine’s Day date and learn version control!
- February 16th – BOBCAT DAY!!! Come to our kiosk in the LBJ Ballroom and say hello! We will have representatives from the club to answer any and all questions you might have about AITP membership and competition events.
- February 19th – STEM CAREER FAIR, go get your career started by networking with some of the world’s most innovative and robust companies. Full list of attendees located here, fair will be in the LBJ Ballroom from 12pm to 4pm.
- February 20th – Boy howdy, do we have a lot going on this day!
- McCoy College Career Expo – LBJ Ballroom 12pm to 4pm
- Data Analytics Prep Course, hosted by Executive Vice President: Grant Dorsey, in Alkek (Room 235)
- Recruiting at Matamoros Mexican Restaurant in San Antonio at 5:30pm
- February 28th – General Prep Course, 5 – 6pm at Alkek (Room 235).
Look forward for our next blog post for the month of March, our chapter meeting will be a 2 and a half hour long, mega-showcase! Featuring 7 speakers from
Prepare your resumes and ready your questions for one of the biggest leaders in the tech industry today!
Greetings Texas State AITP!
The Spring 2019 semester has begun and AITP events are on their way!
Here is a quick run-down on the events for early February:
- February 5th – First meeting of the Spring 2019 semester
- February 7th – Office Prep Course and Group Study Session at Alkek library
If you are a student interested in business technology, consider joining AITP! We go to competitions, host social events, and expand networking opportunities with potential employers. Click here to join.